Available for an ArcGIS organization licensed with the IPS extension.
Once you have performed a survey of your indoor space, you can create a positioning file to turn survey results into an indoor positioning system. After converting the survey recording data into a shareable format, you can use the data in ArcGIS Indoors apps or other runtime-powered apps for indoor positioning.
To create a positioning file, complete the following steps:
- Start ArcGIS Pro.
- Ensure that you're signed in to the ArcGIS organization in ArcGIS Pro where the web map with survey recordings is hosted.
- In the Catalog pane, click the Portal tab.
- Click My Content if you shared the web map, or click My Organization if someone else in your organization shared the web map.
- Right-click the web map used in the IPS Setup app to collect survey recordings and click Add And Open.
- In the Contents pane, right-click the IPS Recordings layer and click Attribute Table to ensure that it contains survey recordings.
- On the Analysis tab, click Tools .
The Geoprocessing pane appears.
- In the Geoprocessing pane, click the Toolboxes tab and browse to the Generate Indoor Positioning File tool in the Indoor Positioning Tools toolbox.
- Choose the IPS Recordings layer from the IPS Recordings Features parameter drop-down list.
- Choose the IPS Positioning Table from the Target IPS Positioning Table parameter drop-down list.
- Optionally, if the project includes transitions, choose the Transitions layer from the IPS Transitions parameter drop-down list.
- Optionally, provide a description for the positioning file in the Comment text box to populate the Comment field in the IPS Positioning table.
This information can be used to help you identify positioning files in the IPS Positioning table.
- Click Run.
The positioning file is created. You can now test the indoor positioning system in the IPS Setup app.
If no recordings are present in the IPS Recordings feature class, the tool does not generate a positioning file.