Available for an ArcGIS organization licensed with the IPS extension.
An indoor positioning web map must contain specific map layers and stand-alone tables for use in the ArcGIS IPS Setup app. Before preparing a map for use in ArcGIS IPS, you must create the ArcGIS IPS Information Model, floor plan data, transitions, pathways, and, optionally, survey paths in ArcGIS Pro.
The following layers are required for indoor data visualization in IPS Setup:
- Details—Corresponds to the Details feature class in the Indoors model
- Units—Corresponds to the Units feature class in the Indoors model
- Levels—Corresponds to the Levels feature class in the Indoors model
- Facilities—Corresponds to the Facilities feature class in the Indoors model
- Sites—Corresponds to the Sites feature class in the Indoors model
Optionally, include the following layers to support indoor routing and directions:
- Pathways—Corresponds to the Pathways feature class in the Indoors model
- Transitions—Corresponds to the Transitions feature class in the Indoors model
The following items are required for indoor positioning:
- IPS Recordings—Corresponds to the IPS Recordings feature class in the IPS model
- IPS Positioning—Corresponds to the IPS Positioning table in the IPS model
Optionally, include the following layer to maintain information about beacon network distribution:
- Beacons—Corresponds to the Beacons feature class in the IPS model
Layer and table names included in the web map must exactly match these layer and table names to enable functionality in IPS Setup.
Prepare a map for IPS Setup
Complete the following steps to create a map and prepare it for use in IPS Setup:
- Open the workspace where you created the IPS model, floor plan data, transitions, and pathways in ArcGIS Pro.
- Sign in to your ArcGIS organization.
- Click the Insert tab and click the New Map button to create a map.
- Add the layers in the order listed below and set the visibility as shown:
Layer name Layer visibility (recommended)
- If you're using ArcGIS Indoors, configure the map as floor aware.
- Set the visible scale range of the layers as necessary.
- Set symbology for the Details and Units layers according to the USE_TYPE attribute.
- Turn on labeling for Units (NAME attribute) and any additional features that require a label.
- Set the display field in the layer properties to NAME for all map layers.
- Add the IPS Recordings feature class and IPS Positioning table to the map.
- Optionally, add the Beacons feature class to the map to include information on beacon network distribution.
- Optionally, rename the map to make it easily identifiable and complete all metadata fields.
- Set the display extent of the map to display all of the map data.
- Optionally, change the basemap.
- Save the project.
You can now share the map as a web map to your ArcGIS organization for use in the IPS Setup app.