Available for an ArcGIS organization licensed with the IPS extension.
Once you prepare a map for use in ArcGIS IPS, you can share it as a web map to your ArcGIS organization. When sharing the web map, ensure that it is editable. This allows mobile workers to plan, collect, and upload survey data collected on-site with the ArcGIS IPS Setup app. The web map is used in the IPS Setup app to define the path a surveyor needs to walk to collect survey recordings, so ensure that all the necessary feature classes are included in the web map.
Complete these steps to share the ArcGIS IPS map you prepared as a web map to your ArcGIS organization:
- Open the map you prepared for use in ArcGIS IPS in ArcGIS Pro.
- On the Share tab, in the Share As group, click Web Map .
The Share As Web Map pane appears.
- Accept the default name or provide a new name for the web map in the Name text box.
- Provide a description for the web map in the Summary text box.
- Type IPS and any additional tags separated by commas in the Tags text box.
The web map must include the IPS tag to appear in the map list in the IPS Setup app.
- Under Select a Configuration, click the drop-down arrow and choose Copy all data: Editable to copy the source data for layers in the map to the server.
The Use symbol types compatible with all clients check box is checked by default. This converts ArcGIS Pro symbols to web symbols that can be rendered by any application that opens the map.
- Under Share with, check the check box next to the name of your organization.
- Specify how the web map will be shared.
- My Organization—Share your content with all authenticated users in the organization. This option is available when you are signed in with an organizational account.
- Groups—Share your content with groups to which you belong and their members.
Leave all options unchecked to set the sharing level to the owner of the item.
If your map includes existing web layers, ensure the Share with settings for those layers are as inclusive as the Share with setting of the web map. Otherwise, the existing web layers may not be accessible when the web map is opened in Map Viewer. The sharing properties of existing web layers can be viewed and changed in your portal.
- Click Analyze .
Click the Messages tab to show a list of analyzer errors or warnings. Errors prevent sharing and must be fixed. Warnings can affect web map performance or display but don't prevent sharing.
- Click Share.