The Verizon Connect Reveal feed type in ArcGIS Velocity creates a built-in HTTP endpoint that can be used to receive GPS Push Service messages sent from Verizon Connect Reveal. For details on Verizon Connect Reveal and the GPS Push Service, see GPS Push Service under API DOCUMENTATION.
- A shipping company uses Verizon Connect Reveal to track their fleet of vehicles. They ingest the GPS Push Service data into Velocity to maintain real-time situational awareness about their vehicles and driver behavior.
- A public works department uses Verizon Connect Reveal to track all vehicles that belong to the department. They store this information and run a big data analytic at the end of each week to generate a report of which vehicles need maintenance based on odometer readings.
- The Verizon Connect Reveal feed only processes events with the GPS Push Service schema defined by Verizon.
- The Verizon Connect Reveal feed supports configuring key fields, removing unwanted fields, and adjusting field names. Changing data types or adding new fields is not supported since doing so adjusts the schema of the GPS Push Service required by Verizon.
- Once the feed is created, on the details page, the HTTP Endpoint Path is available. This is the URL to which data can be pushed to by Verizon.
- After configuring feed connection properties, see Configure input data to learn how to define the schema and the key properties.
HTTP Endpoint Path
The full URL over which Verizon can send GPS Push Service messages.
This parameter is generated and populated by Velocity after the feed is published.
The username used to secure the HTTP endpoint created by the feed.
The password used to secure the HTTP endpoint created by the feed.
Considerations and limitations
- It is important to store the username and password since Verizon Customer Support need this information, along with the HTTP endpoint URL, to begin pushing data to the feed. If the username or password is lost, a new set of credentials will have to be created and provided to Verizon Customer Support.