The following data sources are supported in Insights:
- Available hosted or registered feature layers from your content, groups, or organization
- Feature layers from ArcGIS Living Atlas of the World
- Excel files (.xlsx)
- Comma-separated value files (.csv)
- Shapefiles (.zip)
- GeoJSON files (.json, .geojson, or GeoJSON files in a .zip file)
- Map image layers
- Connections to Microsoft SQL Server, SAP HANA, PostgreSQL, and Oracle databases (available in Insights in ArcGIS Enterprise and Insights desktop). The following data types are supported:
- Spatial tables
- Nonspatial tables
- Relational database views
- Connections to enterprise geodatabases
Map image layers require that the Feature Access capability be enabled to support statistics. If statistics are not supported, you cannot use many Insights features, including creating charts. See Troubleshoot a map image layer for tips on how to enure that statistics are supported when you publish a map image layer. For more information, see Set map service properties and Editor permissions for feature services.
Map image layers must also have standardized query enabled. To enable standardized query, the layer must be shared as a dynamic service, rather than a tile layer.
Insights does not support the following:
- Multipoint geometries
- Feature layers from ArcGIS Online with a definition query or feature layers that use an ArcGIS Arcade expression
- Query layers
Insights in ArcGIS Online does not support consuming on-premises feature services that are not Internet accessible.
Use the following resources to learn more about data in Insights: