Links to the methodology statements for Esri Demographics U.S. and global data are provided below.
- 2015-2019 American Community Survey Esri Methodology Statement—This story map summarizes the differences between the American Community Survey data and data from the decennial census. Features provided by Esri, such as additional geographies and proprietary Reliability symbols to simplify use of the data, are also described.
- 2021/2026 Esri Dependency Ratios Methodology Statement—This story map defines the Age Dependency Ratios and how they are calculated.
- 2021/2026 Esri Diversity Index Methodology Statement—This story map defines the U.S. Diversity Index and describes the features of the Esri race and ethnic origin database that is supplemented by a diversity index.
- 2021/2026 Esri Updated Demographics Methodology Statement—Esri's Updated Demographics data continues to build on the industry's most accurate data, while adapting to changes in source data.
- 2021 US Business Locations & Summary data Esri Methodology Statement—This story map describes how Esri extracts its business data from a comprehensive list of businesses licensed from Data Axle.
- 2021/2026 Esri Consumer Spending Methodology Statement—This story map describes how Esri integrates data from the latest Consumer Expenditure Surveys (CEX)—the Diary Survey and the Interview Survey—from the Bureau of Labor Statistics with Tapestry Segmentation data to provide a comprehensive database about all consumer expenditures.
- 2021 Esri Daytime Population Methodology Statement—Along with the comprehensive data catalog describing resident populations, Esri's daytime population data adds clarity when the workday portion is a significant consideration in an analysis.
- 2021 Esri Market Potential Methodology Statement—This story map explains how Esri calculates its Market Potential data by combining Esri's Tapestry Segmentation data with consumer survey data from the MRI-Simmons Doublebase.
- 2021 Esri Tapestry Segmentation Methodology Statement (ArcGIS StoryMaps—This story map describes how Esri uses the traditional statistical methodology of cluster analysis with the latest data mining techniques to create Tapestry Segmentation at smaller geographic levels.
- Vintage 2021 Esri Time Series Totals Methodology Statement—This document describes Esri's Time Series estimates for total population, households, and housing units.
- Methodology Statement: 2017 Esri Retail MarketPlace in 2021 geography (PDF)—This document explains how Esri built the Retail MarketPlace database to provide a complete assessment of the retail marketplace, including a measure of the difference between supply and demand by industry sector. The Retail MarketPlace database is in 2020 geography.
- Places Manual—This document includes the methodology for business locations data from SafeGraph.
- CrimeRisk methodology (PDF)—This document describes the methodology for Crime Indexes data.
- TrafficMetrix (PDF)—This document describes the methodology for Traffic Counts data.
Links to the methodology statements for Esri Demographics global data are provided below.
Methodological Notes and Usage of MB-Research Market Data (PDF)—This document describes the methodology for global Standard Demographics data from Michael Bauer Research GmbH (MB-Research).
The methodologies for Advanced Demographics data for Canada are included in the North America topic.
The methodologies for Advanced Demographics data for Germany are included in the Europe topic.
The methodologies for Advanced Demographics data for Japan are included in the Asia topic.
The methodology for Advanced Demographics data for Mexico is included in the North America topic.
The methodology for Advanced Demographics data for Netherlands is included in the Europe topic.
The methodology for Advanced Demographics data for Spain is included in the Europe topic.
The methodology for Advanced Demographics data for Thailand is included in the Asia topic.