Links to the methodology statements for Esri Demographics U.S. and global data are provided below.
Links to the methodology statements for Esri Demographics global data are provided below.
Methodological Notes and Usage of MB-Research Market Data (PDF)—This document describes the methodology for global standard demographics data from Michael Bauer Research GmbH (MB-Research).
The methodologies for advanced demographics data for Canada are included in the Canada topic.
The methodologies for advanced demographics data for Germany are included in the Germany topic.
The methodologies for advanced demographics data for Japan are included in the Japan topic.
The methodology for advanced demographics data for Mexico is included in the Mexico topic.
The methodology for advanced demographics data for the Netherlands is included in the Netherlands topic.
The methodology for advanced demographics data for Spain is included in the Spain topic.
The methodology for advanced demographics data for Thailand is included in the Thailand topic.
- 2020 Census Esri Methodology Statement—Describes how Esri added value to 2020 Census redistricting data.
- 2016–2020 American Community Survey Esri Methodology Statement—Summarizes the differences between the American Community Survey data and data from the decennial census. Features provided by Esri, such as additional geographies and proprietary Reliability symbols to simplify use of the data, are also described.
- 2022/2027 Esri Dependency Ratios Methodology Statement—Defines the Age Dependency Ratios and how they are calculated.
- 2022/2027 Esri Diversity Index Methodology Statement—Defines the U.S. Diversity Index and describes the features of the Esri race and ethnic origin database that is supplemented by a diversity index.
- 2022/2027 Esri Updated Demographics Methodology Statement—Esri's Updated Demographics data continues to build on the industry's most accurate data, while adapting to changes in source data.
- 2022 U.S. Business Locations and Business Summary data Esri Methodology Statement—Describes how Esri extracts its business data from a comprehensive list of businesses licensed from Data Axle.
- 2022/2027 Esri Consumer Spending Methodology Statement—Describes how Esri integrates data from the latest Consumer Expenditure Surveys (CEX)—the Diary Survey and the Interview Survey—from the Bureau of Labor Statistics with Esri Tapestry Segmentation data to provide a comprehensive database about all consumer expenditures.
- 2022 Esri Daytime Population Methodology Statement—Along with the comprehensive data catalog describing resident populations, Esri's daytime population data adds clarity when the workday portion is a significant consideration in an analysis.
- 2022 Esri Market Potential Methodology Statement—Explains how Esri calculates its Market Potential data by combining Esri's Tapestry Segmentation data with consumer survey data from the MRI-Simmons Doublebase.
- 2022 Esri Tapestry Segmentation Methodology Statement—Describes howEsri uses the traditional statistical methodology of cluster analysis with the latest data mining techniques to create Esri Tapestry Segmentation at smaller geographic levels.
- Vintage 2022 Esri Time Series Totals Methodology Statement—Describes Esri's Time Series estimates for total population, households, and housing units.
- CrimeRisk methodology (PDF)—Describes the methodology for Crime Indexes data.
- TrafficMetrix (PDF)—Describes the methodology for Traffic Counts data.