The March 2022 update of ArcGIS Dashboards includes important product announcements, new functionality and enhancements. Highlights of the release are listed below.
ArcGIS Dashboards Classic
ArcGIS Dashboards Classic has moved to mature support and will be retiring with the September 2022 release of ArcGIS Online. All functionality of ArcGIS Dashboards Classic is supported in ArcGIS Dashboards, with the exception of the Follow Feature action. Dashboards that contain the Follow Feature action will still open in ArcGIS Dashboards but the action will not be available.
For dashboards last updated in ArcGIS Dashboards Classic, it is strongly recommended that you open their data sources in Map Viewer and the dashboards in ArcGIS Dashboards to verify all functionality. Once verified, upgrade your dashboards by saving them. For more information, see the ArcGIS Dashboards Classic retirement announcement.
Esri recognizes the importance of adhering to accessibility guidelines and standards for all users of our products, including users with disabilities. An Accessibility Conformance Report for ArcGIS Dashboards is now available that describes the conformance level for accessibility features.
- The user interface for element configuration has been updated to a unified and common look between element configuration, dashboard configuration, and the rest of ArcGIS Online.
- For data-drive elements, you can now expand and collapse the data source table in the preview area when configuring an element to make more informed configuration choices. You can expand the data table while in any tab of an element's configuration window to view the data that is powering an element while simultaneously seeing the element's configuration preview.
- For elements that support actions, the actions configuration has been enhanced to be more intuitive. When configuring actions for an element, you are now presented with all possible actions and targets. You can turn actions on and off to make choosing action targets faster.
- The color picker has been updated, allowing you to select custom colors and save them to the color picker to use elsewhere in the dashboard.
- You can now add elements directly where you want them on the dashboard layout. You can add elements using the new add element button in the dashboard toolbar and choose where on the dashboard layout you want the element.
- When duplicating existing elements, they are now automatically added to the row or column the original element is in.
Sorting in multi-series serial charts has been improved. When a serial chart is based on grouped values with a split by, you can now sort the data points in each series in addition to the chart's series. Sorting data points in each series ensures they display in a specific order and is reflected in the chart legend.
The table element has two new properties when using advanced formatting. The textColor property allows you to set the text color for the cell. The hoverText property allows you to add text that appears when hovering over the values in a cell.
To see what was added in previous releases, see Previous releases.