ArcGIS Earth 1.12
The following list describes ArcGIS Earth Automation API changes and updates in the 1.12 release. Four interfaces have been added to manage the graphics:
- Add Graphic
- Get Graphic
- Update Graphic
- Remove Graphic
You can use Graphics API to display locations on a map with simple symbols, display the results of a query, or complete other tasks if needed.
ArcGIS Earth 1.11
ArcGIS Earth Automation API has been updated from WCF to ASP.NET Core, which creates a .NET Core Generic Host to implement a RESTful Automation API.
With the ASP.NET Core by .NET Generic Host, ArcGIS Earth Automation API introduces a new RESTful API and includes enriched capabilities:
- Removed support for .NET WCF NamedPipe.
- Added support for six new data types:
- Mobile Scene Package
- ArcGIS Web Scene
- ArcGIS Web Map
- Portal item
- Added an interface to clear the workspace.
- Updated the camera class with position and removed mapPoint.
- Updated the camera class with the tilt parameter and removed the pitch parameter.
- Updated the response information of adding a layer by ID, data loaded status returned.
- Support for configuring Automation API by users.
- Added a ready-to-use sample page.
- Added a web API help page with Swagger/OpenAPI.
- Updated samples and source codes on ArcGIS Earth Automation API GitHub.
ArcGIS Earth 1.8
The following list describes API changes and updates in the 1.8 release:
- Added four new methods to the IEarthNamedpipeService interface:
- Removed the IEarthNamedpipeCallbackService interface.
- Updated to adopt the synchronous approach for the AddLayer method. A layer ID is returned.
- The ElevationService layer type has been removed from the AddLayer method.
- Added an ArcGIS Pro add-in example to demonstrate the latest Automation API capabilities.
- Updated samples and source codes on the ArcGIS Earth Automation API GitHub.
- ArcGIS Earth Automation API is unavailable if ArcGIS Earth is installed and launched from the Microsoft Store.
ArcGIS Earth 1.7
ArcGIS Earth Automation API has been updated to adopt an asynchronous approach for the GetSnapshot method. System.Drawing.Bitmap GetSnapshot() was changed to Task<System.Drawing.Bitmap> GetSnapshotAsync().