Extend the reach of ArcGIS to your mobile workforce and use Navigator to get directions, edit routes, and start navigating, all while offline.
The main parts of the app are as follows:
While this topic presents an overview of the main app screens, focus on the routing workflows the app facilitates. For an overview of downloading maps, planning a route, and following that route, see Guided tour.
The majority of your time in the app is spent using the map, to plan where you need to go and visualize the route. This is the active open map. When viewing the map, you can search for addresses and places, get directions, edit routes, and start navigating. Use the menu to change your settings and the Map Gallery to download and open another map.
- Menu—Expands the menu to display maps, access user settings, and sign out of the app.
- GPS—Uses your device's GPS to show your location on the map. When the GPS is off, the icon is hollow .
- Search—Searches for a place-name, address, coordinate location, or feature.
To search by coordinates, use latitude and longitude in decimal degrees. For example, use 34.06 -117.21.
- Generate Route—Routes to your destination. The route path displays in blue.
- From—Displays the starting point of your route.
- Clear—Clears the entire route. If you want to delete a destination in your route, select Overflow , Edit route, and swipe left on the destination you want to delete.
- To—Displays the destination of your route. If you have multiple destinations, you can select the To field to see these destinations and edit them.
- Travel Time—Displays the amount of time it will take to reach your final destination. This updates as you travel.
- Distance to Your Destination—Displays the distance to your final destination. This updates as you travel.
- Start Navigation—Enables voice-guided, turn-by-turn directions to your destination.
- Route—The route you have generated. The green point is your starting point, the blue point is your current location, the orange point is a way point, and the red point is the final destination in your route.
- Overflow—Displays the menu with items i through l, described below.
- Add destination—Adds a destination to your route.
- Edit—Allows you to add, delete, or reorder destinations.
- Directions—Displays a turn-by-turn list of directions to your destination.
- Travel options—Creates a customized route based on your mode of travel. Your map must support travel modes; otherwise, you will not see this option.
Use the Map Gallery to find and download a map. To go to the Map Gallery, select Menu when viewing a map and select Maps , or start the app while there is no map open.
- Map Card—Provides information about an available map. Select the map card to open it. Select Overflow to also open the map, see the map's details, or remove the map from your device.
- Add map—Displays the Select Maps screen. In that screen, you can find maps and download them to your device. When you select a map, Download is enabled.
Use the menu to plan a route, access maps, change settings, or sign out.
The items found in the menu are shown below. To expand the menu, select Menu while viewing either a map or the Map Gallery.
- Account—Indicates the current user and account.
- Maps—Displays the maps you have downloaded to your device.
- Settings—Provides access to view the current user, change units of measurement, and specify preferences for downloading maps and more information about the app.
- Learn more—Provides access to the documentation site of Navigator that contains help, exercises, blogs, and videos about how to use the app efficiently and effectively.
- Sign Out—Signs out of the app.