If you have the proper licences, you can sign in to Insights. Once signed in to Insights, you will have access to data, workbooks, and analytical capabilities that you can use to answer questions and deliver powerful results.
Insights must be configured and licences granted to access it. For more information on setting up Insights, see the administration topics.
Sign in to Insights in ArcGIS Online
Use the following steps to sign in to ArcGIS Insights in ArcGIS Online:
- Access the Insights in ArcGIS Online landing page.
- Click Sign in.
- Enter your username and password.
- Click Sign In.
Sign in to Insights in ArcGIS Enterprise
Use the following steps to sign in to ArcGIS Insights in ArcGIS Enterprise:
- Sign in to your Portal for ArcGIS account using your organization's URL (for example, http://myserver.mycompany.com/portal/home). If you do not know the URL for your organization, contact your administrator.
- Click the App launcher button to display your app menu.
- Click Insights.
- Enter your username and password again, if prompted.
Alternatively, you can sign in directly to Insights in ArcGIS Enterprise by modifying your Portal for ArcGIS URL. For example, http://myserver.mycompany.com/portal/apps/insights.
Sign in from Insights Desktop
You are not required to sign in to an ArcGIS organization to access most of the capabilities in Insights Desktop. However, capabilities that use services from your ArcGIS organization will only be available when signed in.
Signing in to an ArcGIS organization from Insights Desktop requires an internet connection.
Insights Desktop preview does not support signing in to ArcGIS organizations using Integrated Windows Authentication (IWA), public key infrastructure (PKI), or Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) authentication.
Use the following steps to sign in to an ArcGIS organization from Insights Desktop.
- Start Insights Desktop.
- Click the Sign In button at the top of the application.
- Do one of the following:
- To sign in with an Insights in ArcGIS Online account, keep the organization URL set to https://www.arcgis.com.
- To sign in with an Insights in ArcGIS Enterprise account, enter the URL for your ArcGIS Enterprise organization in the Organization pane. Click Apply.
- Under ArcGIS login, enter your username and password. Both your username and password are case sensitive.
- Click Sign In.
To sign out of your Insights account, click your profile picture at the top of the page and click Sign out. When you are signed out, you will still be able to see some Insights content, such as publicly shared pages. You will be prompted to sign back in to your account if you return to the Insights sign in page or attempt to access an item that is only available in Insights or is not shared publicly.