Generally, the workflow for managing and publishing multidimensional datasets includes some or all of the following steps (with links to relevant Help documentation):
- Create a mosaic dataset (optional)
Open-source Python scripts from Esri, called MDCS, are also available to help automate the creation of mosaic datasets.
Once you’ve created a mosaic dataset, you have two options:
- You can publish the mosaic dataset directly as an image service.
- You can convert it to CRF, optionally build a transpose, then publish the CRF as an image service.
- Create a CRF and build a transpose (optional)
Building a transpose CRF will write a temporary file in the output folder; you should have at least twice the disk space of the transpose available.
- Configure processing templates (optional)
CRF supports processing templates in ArcGIS Pro 2.7+.
- Publish the image service
- Update the image service