Esri partners with Data Axle to provide business summary and business locations datasets for the United States and Canada. The business locations datasets are from a comprehensive list of businesses for the Points of Interest (POI) business data portfolio. These contain information about more than 13 million businesses, including name and location, franchise code, industrial classification code, number of employees, and sales.
Business summary data are available only through ArcGIS Business Analyst and ArcGIS Community Analyst; see Data availability. Visit Places and Points of Interest for more information.
Business and industry datasets include information about the following:
- Location SIC and NAICS industry classifications
- Annual sales data
- Employee statistics and data
See the NAICS website for NAICS Code definitions and the SIC Manual for SIC code definitions.
Vintage for the data is as follows:
- Locations—Q4 2022.
- Summary—January 2022.
- The Business Summary dataset is available for the United States.
- Business Location datasets are available for Canada and the United States.
United States Business Locations is a point-level dataset.
Update frequency for business datasets is as follows:
- Quarterly—ArcGIS Business Analyst and ArcGIS Community Analyst web apps
- Annually—ArcGIS Business Analyst Desktop
- Sample business report: Business Summary (PDF).
- Information about reports and the products that contain them: ArcGIS Apps.
- Information about the number of credits to run reports: Credits by capability.
Business datasets are available in various products including the following:
- ArcGIS Business Analyst—Conduct a Business and Facilities Search or run a report.
- ArcGIS Community Analyst—Conduct a Business and Facilities Search or run a report.
For information about purchasing Esri Demographics data as stand-alone datasets, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.