A rule package (*.rpk) is a compressed package, containing compiled CGA rule files (*.cgb), plus all needed referenced assets and data. Rule packages are an easy way to share procedural rules in a handy single file. For finding the package content, the rules are analyzed.
Note:You can create very complex asset dependencies in CGA. Therefore, it cannot be guaranteed that all assets are included in every case. When in doubt, add the files manually.
Creating a rule package
Rule packages can either be stored locally on your machine or published to ArcGIS Online. See Online and Enterprise for more information.
- Locate the a CGA rule in the Navigator.
- Right-click the CGA file and choose Share As...
The Rule Package dialog box appears.
- Choose Save package to file and set the file path.
- Upload package and specify a name for the rule package
- Save package to file: Set a file path.
- Check Include CGA source code to include readable text files.
- Click Item Description.
You can add meta information such as a summary, tags, and a description to the rule package.
- Click Additional Files.
You can remove proposed files and folders. You can also add new ones in order to enforce the packaging of specific assets.
- Click Sharing (ArcGIS Online only).
You can specify with whom you want to share the rule package.
- Click Analyze to validate your rule package.
If any issues are discovered, an error will be reported. You must validate and resolve all errors before you can save it to disk or share it to ArcGIS Online.
- Click Share to to upload or save the rule package.
Publish to ArcGIS Online:
- If you haven't already you will be asked to sign in.
- If the rule package already exists on the portal, it will be updated with the new version and will keep the same ID.
- Rule packages can be uploaded to other ArcGIS portals as well. See Sharing data on a different Portal