A rule package (*.rpk) is a compressed package containing compiled CGA rule files (*.cgb), plus all required referenced assets and data. Rule packages allow you to share procedural rules in a single file. For finding the package content, the rules are analyzed.
Note:You can create complex asset dependencies in CGA, so it cannot be guaranteed that all assets are included in every case. When in doubt, add the files manually.
To create a rule package, complete the following steps. You can either store rule packages locally on your machine or publish them to ArcGIS Online. For more information, see ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Enterprise overview.
- Locate the CGA rule in the Navigator window.
- Right-click the CGA file and choose Share As.
The Rule Package dialog box appears.
- Choose Save package to file and set the file path.
- Click Upload package and specify a name for the rule package.
- For Save package to file, set a file path.
- Check Include CGA source code to include readable text files.
- Click Item Description.
You can add meta information such as a summary, tags, and a description to the rule package.
- Click Additional Files.
You can remove proposed files and folders. You can also add new ones to enforce the packaging of specific assets.
- Click Sharing (ArcGIS Online only).
You can specify with whom you want to share the rule package.
- Click Analyze to validate the rule package.
If any issues are discovered, an error is reported. You must validate and resolve all errors before you can save the rule package to disk or share it to ArcGIS Online.
- Click Share to to upload or save the rule package.
Keep the following in mind when you publish to ArcGIS Online:
- If you aren't already signed in, you will be prompted to sign in.
- If the rule package already exists on the portal, it will be updated with the new version and will keep the same ID.
- Rule packages can be uploaded to other ArcGIS portals as well. See Share data on a different portal.