You can choose an app template with minimal to no configuration required or use one of the available builders to customize an app before publishing. Each of these options offer various functionality, such as different tools, layouts, and color schemes.
Your organization may have specified brand colors or a logo to apply to apps created by members of your organization. When you create an app that supports these Shared theme settings, the specified settings will be applied instead of the default theme of the app.
When a published web app is based on a scene, any changes the author makes to the scene, including its extent, layers, description, and so on, are reflected in the web app. If a scene that was available to everyone in the organization is made private (or deleted), the scene no longer appears in the app.
To share an app publicly that contains subscriber content, you can configure it to allow access to the content through your organizational subscription. Your subscription will incur any credit costs. To determine how a specific app builder handles subscriber content, refer to the respective app documentation.
To create a web app from a scene, use one of the following methods:
- On the content page, click the Create app button.
- On the web scene item page, click the Create Web App button.
- In Scene Viewer, open the web scene and click the Share button.
The following table lists which app builder is available for each method:
Web AppBuilder and Experience Builder require an organizational account.
|App builder||Scene Viewer||Item page||Content page|
*You can access the Instant Apps templates using the Configurable Apps workflow; however, this method takes you directly to the configuration window instead of opening the Instant Apps template gallery.
Create an app from the content page
Complete the following steps to create an app from a scene on the content page:
- If necessary, verify that you are signed in with the privileges to create content, and have access to the app builder you are using.
- At the top of the site, click Content and click the My Content tab.
- Click Create app and choose an app builder.
- Depending on your choice of app builder, do the following:
- For the app builders listed below, you are taken directly to the app builder and can begin creating your app.
- For Configurable Apps, click the Display a Scene (3D) filter to see the apps that use a scene. Click a thumbnail for a description of the app and click Create Web App.
- For Web AppBuilder, choose 3D.
- Type a title, tags, and a summary.
- If your organization has set up content categories, click Assign Category and select up to 20 categories to help people find your app. You can also use the Filter categories box to narrow the list of categories.
- Optionally, select a different folder in My Content in which to save your app.
- Depending on your app, do one of the following:
- For Web AppBuilder, click OK and continue creating your app. Refer to the app documentation for details.
- For Configurable Apps, click Done. In the window that opens, choose a scene to use in the app and configure other components in the app, such as the theme, widgets, interactivity, and more.
- If you chose an Instant Apps template (with the express or full setup experience), click Publish to save and publish your changes (or you can return to the configuration from your app's item page to make changes to the draft and publish later). Otherwise, click Save and click Close when you're finished.
Your app will be added as an unshared item in My Content. To make your app accessible to others, share it.