Install the ArcGIS for Office add-in for Microsoft Office by running the setup program as described below. If you have an existing version of ArcGIS for Office installed, you can upgrade to the latest version by running the setup for the latest version. When running the setup, the installation wizard indicates whether it's performing an upgrade or an initial installation.
Before you begin, be sure that the required software is properly installed and configured.
ArcGIS for Office supports both 32-bit and 64-bit architectures. The setup wizard automatically detects the bit architecture of Microsoft Office and the language of your operating system, then installs the appropriate version of ArcGIS for Office.
Download ArcGIS for Office
To download ArcGIS for Office, do the following:
- In a browser, browse to the ArcGIS for Office download page.
- If you don't already have an ArcGIS account, get a free trial account.
- Specify whether you plan to use ArcGIS for Office with ArcGIS Online or with ArcGIS Enterprise.
ArcGIS Enterprise users may choose to install the ArcGIS for Office resource files on their portal to support working in a disconnected environment or behind a firewall.
- Complete the form, providing your name, email address, company, and industry.
- Check the box to agree to Esri's privacy statement.
- Optionally choose to stay updated with additional Esri news.
- Click Submit.
The download page appears with a link to download the add-in.
- Click the link and save the file to a location on your system.
If you chose ArcGIS Enterprise, you'll also see a link to download the resource files. Be sure to download both packages. For more information, see Set up resource files for ArcGIS Enterprise.
Install ArcGIS for Office
To install ArcGIS for Office on one computer, do the following:
- Browse to the location where you saved the ArcGIS for Office executable file and double-click the file to begin the installation.
The Welcome page of the ArcGIS for Office Setup wizard appears. Click Next to continue.
- Read the Master Agreement. If you agree to the Master Agreement, choose the I accept the master agreement option and click Next.
- If your system is missing any of the required software, the System Check page appears. Click Install Prerequisites to install the missing software.
The following software is required and will be installed automatically if the listed version (or later) is not found on your system:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office runtime
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 runtime assemblies
- Click Next to continue.
- On the Select Features page of the installation wizard, specify the ArcGIS for Office features to install.
By default, ArcGIS for Office will be installed for both Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- To change the default installation directory, click Change and specify the new location.
- Click Next to continue.
- To participate in the Esri User Experience Improvement Program, check the Click here to participate in the Esri User Experience Improvement Program (Recommended) check box.
- Check the Check for software upgrade check box to automatically verify if a new version of ArcGIS for Office is available.
- Click Install to continue.
A confirmation window appears and the software is installed.
- Click Finish to complete the ArcGIS for Office installation. Microsoft Excel launches on exit unless you uncheck the Launch Microsoft Excel on exit check box.