In ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Velocity is available to any user of type Creator or higher. Use of Velocity is controlled through privileges.
Use the steps below to create roles that allow users to sign in to the Velocity app and create feeds and analytics.
For more information about getting started with Velocity, see the Get started with ArcGIS Velocity quick lesson.
- Sign in to ArcGIS Online with an account that is an administrator of your subscription.
- On the top navigation bar, click Organization.
- On the Organization page, click the Settings tab.
- On the Settings page, click Member Roles, and under Manage roles, click Create Role.
- In the Create a new role window that appears, ensure that the Privilege compatibility parameter is set to View, edit, create and manage and that the text below it reads Compatible with Creator user type.
- Fill in the rest of the form to create a role with at least one Velocity privilege; for example, click Content > Publish feeds.
- Optionally, choose Set from existing role and base the new role on the Publisher template.
- Enable the following Content privileges: Publish feeds, Publish real-time analytics, and Publish big data analytics.
- Click Save to save the new role in your organization.
- On the Members page, assign users to the new role to allow them access to the Velocity app and its capabilities.