As a capability of ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Analytics for IoT is available to any user of type Creator or higher. Usage of Analytics for IoT is controlled through privileges.
Use the steps below to create roles that allow users to log into the Analytics for IoT application and create feeds and analytics.
For more information on getting started with Analytics for IoT, see Get started with Analytics for IoT.
- Log in to ArcGIS Online with an account that is an administrator of your subscription.
- From the top navigation bar, click Organization.
- On the Organization page, click the Settings tab.
- On the Setting page, click Member Roles and then under Manage roles click Create Role.
- On the Create a new role window that appears, ensure the Privilege compatibility parameter is set to View, edit, create and manage and that the text below reads Compatible with Creator user type.
- Use the rest of the form to create a role with at least one Analytics for IoT privilege such as Content > Publish feeds.
- You can also choose to Set from existing role and base this new role on the Publisher template.
- To enable all Analytics for IoT privileges for the new role, enable the following Content privileges: Publish feeds, Publish real-time analytics, and Publish big data analytics.
- Click Save to save the new role in your organization.
- On the Members page, assign users to the new role to allow them access to the Analytics for IoT capabilities.