Use the Media Map template to maximize the potential of your map with map navigation tools, time animation, and swipe. Display and animate time-enabled data to highlight changes over time. This app is designed to fit into small spaces on a web page or as a stand-alone app. Set the option to disable scrolling in the map and configure pop-ups to appear on hover to optimize the app for embedding. You can also enable the print tool to allow users to save the map to a file for export.
Choose this template to create an app for use cases such as the following examples:
- Support your map with descriptive text by including an information panel with a title and description, or a splash screen to help orient your audience and communicate your intended message.
- Provide an app with common map tools, including a legend, layer list, basemap toggle, overview map, swipe, and time slider.
- Allow app users to choose between two basemaps to explore different perspectives.
The Media Map app has no specific data requirements.
The following list includes some key settings and capabilities that you can configure for this app:
- Time slider—Animates changes in data over time.
- Swipe—Compares two layers in the map by viewing them simultaneously.
- Hover pop-ups—Provides users quick access to attribute information that appears when hovering on a feature in the map.
- Inset map—Shows a map with the app's map area in the context of a broader area.
- Bookmarks—Zooms and pans the map to a collection of preset extents that are saved in the map.
- Print and screenshot—Generates an image from the app that can be printed or saved as a screenshot.
- Navigation boundary—Keeps the area in the map in focus by using a navigation boundary or disabling the ability to scroll.
All Instant Apps templates have settings to include a Home button and zoom controls, a legend, and the ability to search the map or data.