When you create an app with ArcGIS Instant Apps, you can accept the default settings or choose to configure it and customize the app based on your data, goals, and intended audience. The app configuration window provides an interactive preview of your app and a configuration panel with app settings that vary by template. You can select the content to display, include details about the map and data, add or remove tools and capabilities to provide a suitable level of interactivity, and change the theme and layout. You can choose from two setup modes. Step through the default Express Setup for the essentials or switch to Full Setup to access and search all the available settings.
The vertical toolbar in the configuration panel includes buttons for the following options:
- Learn what's new and how to get started with Instant Apps.
- Switch between express and full setup modes.
- In full setup mode, access settings by category and search to go directly to a setting in the configuration panel.
- Preview the app in a mobile layout to test the mobile experience in portrait and landscape orientation.
- Launch your published app to test it in a new window.
- Share the app with your intended audience.
- Go to Esri Community to provide feedback and ask questions.
As you configure settings and specify which tools to include in your app, Instant Apps automatically refreshes the app preview and saves your changes as a draft. A Draft badge appears in the configuration panel with a timestamp for when it was last saved. You can test and experiment in the preview window and use the Views button to see how it works on a mobile device. You can also publish and launch the app in a new window to test.
If you’re not ready to publish, you can make more changes and publish later by returning to your draft configuration from My Apps (or click the Configure App button on the app's item page). You can also configure changes to a published app by working with a draft until you're ready to republish with updates. If you make changes to a published app and change your mind, you can revert to the last published version by clicking the Delete draft button in the configuration panel.