Themes can be shared in all Insights deployments. You must be signed in to an ArcGIS organization to share themes from Insights desktop. Themes can be saved locally without being signed in to an organization.
Themes are collections of settings on your ArcGIS Insights page, including colors, text, media, and card types. Themes can be saved, shared, and applied to new pages. Using themes can help you apply a consistent standard to your Insights pages.
Theme items are stored in your ArcGIS organization but can only be used in Insights.
Share your theme
Themes can be shared to create an Insights Theme item.
Follow these steps to share your theme:
- Click the Page options button .
- Click Share As. The Share as window appears.
- Change Type to Theme.
- Optionally add a title, a description, and tags. You can update an existing theme shared from the same page by choosing the theme from the Title menu.
- Choose how you want to share your theme. You can share the theme with the public, with your organization, or with select groups from your organization. If you don't make a selection, the theme will only be available to your account.
- Click Share or Update.
Change the shared status
Shared themes are saved as items. The status of the item can be changed using the Share button for the item on the home page.
For more information, see Share your work.
Apply a theme to your page
A theme that you created and shared or that was shared with you can be applied to your Insights pages. Use the following steps to apply a theme to your page:
- Open the Add to page window using one of the following options:
- Create a workbook. The Add to page window appears when the workbook is created.
- Click the Add button above the data pane in an existing workbook.
- Create a page in an existing workbook. The Add to page window appears when the page is created.
- Click the Themes tab .
- If you created the theme, stay on My content. If the theme was shared with you, use the menu to choose My groups or My organization.
The available themes are listed in the content pane.
- Optionally click View details if you want more information about a theme in the list, such as a description.
- Choose the theme and click Add.
The theme is applied to your page.
For more information about the placement of cards when a theme is applied, see Placeholder cards.
Use the following resources to learn more about themes: