Map image layers must support statistics in order to perform many of the processes in ArcGIS Insights, such as create a chart. If you receive the error The layer does not support statistics, try republishing the layer making sure that all of the following conditions are met:
- The dataset resides in an enterprise or file geodatabase.
- The dataset is not a Query Layer, meaning a dataset that is defined by a SQL query (for example, a layer from a database).
- The dataset does not have more than one join defined on it.
- The dataset is not joined with another dataset from a different workspace.
- The dataset does not have an outer join if the workspace is a geodatabase from an application earlier than ArcGIS 10.1 for Desktop and an application server connection is used.