Explorer is available on Android phones and tablets, iPad and iPhone devices, and now also on Windows 10 devices.
The release of Explorer for ArcGIS 19.1.0 on iOS includes the following capabilities:
- Download web maps and use them offline. Learn how to make your web maps available for download.
- View your tracks from Tracker for ArcGIS in Explorer.
- Use mobile map packages that contain rasters and mosaics.
- Improved Explorer links.
- Maps support group layers, layer refresh intervals, and scheduled updates.
Explorer for ArcGIS 19.1.1 on Windows brings the app to your Windows 10 devices.
With this release, the majority of the functionality available on the other platforms is now available on Windows 10, including the following:
- Use your maps when you need them, online or offline. See how to make and download maps.
- View information about your assets, including attachments and related data.
- Search for places and features in your map.
- Use markup and share it with others.
- Find features with the compass and walk right to your assets.
- Interact with UX customized for your device.
In addition to this functionality, on Windows there is an exciting new capability: downloading web maps and using them offline. This will be coming to the other platforms in future releases. Learn how to make your web maps available for download.
Explorer for ArcGIS 18.1.0 on Android modernizes the app and aligns it with the app on iOS. With this release, the following functionality is now available on Android devices:
- You can't be connected everywhere you want to explore, so now you can take your maps offline with you. See how to make and download maps.
- Use improved markup and share it. Learn how in Markup.
- Find your features with the compass and walk right to your assets.
- Experience a new, simplified browsing experience and discover maps with ease.
- Use beautiful, more responsive, and informative maps. Related records, labeling (even with Arcade), smart mapping, and vector tile basemaps are now supported.
- Interact with UX customized for your device. When working on a phone, the panel resizes to fit your needs.
Differences between the platforms
Explorer is available on multiple platforms and while the majority of the functionality is the same, be aware of the following differences:
- Downloading a web map for offline use is only supported on iPad, iPhone, and Windows 10 devices.
- Sharing a link to a map through the app is only supported on iPad and iPhone.
- Zoom to a feature is only supported on iPad and iPhone.
- Markup labels and multiple markup layers on one device are only supported on Android phones and tablets and iPad and iPhone devices.
Future releases will synchronize these across the platforms.