Esri's U.S. Consumer Spending data is based on a combination of the latest Consumer Expenditure Surveys (CEX) from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Data is reported by product or service and includes total expenditures, average spending per household, and a Spending Potential Index (SPI). Current year and five year consumer spending forecast data are available.
Esri's U.S. Consumer Spending database gives you the details about the products and services that consumers are buying. Consumer Spending data identifies hundreds of items in the following categories:
Household Goods and Services
Entertainment and Recreation
Food and Beverage
Transportation and Travel
Esri uses the following methodology for Consumer Spending data:
The following sample spending reports are available:
- Automotive Aftermarket Expenditures (PDF)
- Financial Expenditures (PDF)
- House and Home Expenditures (PDF)
- Household Budget Expenditures (PDF)
- Medical Expenditures (PDF)
- Recreation Expenditures (PDF)
- Retail Goods and Services Expenditures (PDF)
- Retail Demand Outlook (PDF)
For more information about reports and the products that contain them, visit Esri's Apps for Everyone.
For information on how many credits are needed to run reports, see Credits by capability.
How to get it
Esri's Consumer Spending data is available in various products including:
- ArcGIS Living Atlas of the World—Access ready-to-use maps.
- ArcGIS Business Analyst
- ArcGIS Community Analyst
- ArcGIS Maps for Office
- ArcGIS Maps for Power BI
- ArcGIS GeoEnrichment Service
- ArcGIS Online— Browse Living Atlas Layers and Enrich Layers
For information about purchasing Esri's Consumer Spending data as a stand-alone dataset, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.