A scene consists of various types of scene objects organized in corresponding layers:
- Shape layer—Contains static shapes, typically used as building footprints for generation of CGA models.
- Graph layer—Contains street networks and blocks, dynamic shapes (street shapes, building footprints), and generated models.
- Static model layer—Contains static models, such as Collada files.
- Map layer—Contains arbitrary maps (images) and can be used to globally control various parameters for scene objects. The scene terrain is also created using a map layer.
- Analysis layer—Contains analysis tools such as viewshed or view corridor tools.
Each layer type can hold only elements of its own kind. To group elements of different types, use group layers.