A query widget allows you to run predefined queries about the features in the map. When you open an operation view that includes a query widget, the widget displays a list of its queries.
The results of the query are static. This means that as the data source is updated, the query results do not change as the data changes. They represent a snapshot of the data at the time the query was executed. The Last executed date/time indicates when the query was run so you can tell how up-to-date the results are. To update the results, you can reexecute the query.
Note:The results are limited to the maximum number of records returned by the service. In a feature service, the default number is 1000 records. Talk to your server administrator to configure a reasonable limit.
- In a query widget, double-tap or double-click the query you want to execute.
- If the query contains predefined parameters, the query is immediately executed. Once complete, the results are displayed on the map and in the window.
- If the query requires you to provide the parameters, they will be filled out with the default values with which they were configured. Fill in any requested input parameters and tap or click Execute.
- Once the query runs, the widget includes the name of the query, the time that it was last run, and the number of resulting features. By default, a query will return the results for all features in the data source. If that data source is a layer from a map, you can limit the results to the current map extent by checking the check box. In addition to listing information about the results, you can also show, zoom to, or select the resulting features.
- If you want to query only within the current map extent, check the box and tap or click Re-execute to run the query again.
- Tap or click the Back button to return to the query list. Keep in mind that when you do this, it clears the results of the query, including removing features that were drawn on the map.
- In some cases, the operation view author may have paired the query widget with a list widget, so the list displays the results of the query.