A pie chart widget graphically displays the values or counts of one of more attributes for a feature as proportions of a pie.
When displaying attribute values as segments in a pie chart, a summary operation is performed on the field values. The aggregate can be any one of the following:
- The average value across the features
- The maximum of the values of all the features
- The minimum of the values of all the features
- The sum total of the values of all the features
In an emergency management scenario, you could configure a pie chart to display the counts of different types of police vehicles that are actively responding to incidents. There are currently twelve active police cars in this operation view. From the chart, you can see that four of them (33.3 percent) are patrol cars.
- Click Edit, and click Edit Operation View.
- To create a new widget, click Widget, click Add Widget, choose the type of widget, and click OK. To update settings for an existing widget, click Settings , and click Configure on the widget's window.
- Click the Data Source drop-down arrow, and choose the item that will provide the data for the widget.
- In the Title box, type a title that will be displayed in the widget's window.
- In the Description box, type a caption that will be displayed below the widget.
- The display type specifies what type of information you intend to display in the pie chart. Click the Display Type drop-down arrow and choose whether to display features, attribute values, or feature counts as segments.
- When displaying features as segments, click the Value Field drop-down arrow and choose an attribute field that will be charted. Set the other options as desired, including the fields used for labeling the bars, maximum number of values, and options for sorting.
- When displaying attribute values as segments, in the Value Fields list, check the attribute fields whose values will be charted. Set the type of operation (sum, average, minimum, or maximum).
- When displaying feature counts as segments, click the Value Field drop-down arrow and choose an attribute field that will be charted. Set the maximum number of values.
- Click the Appearance tab to set chart display options. You can set the color of the pie segments or display labels for them.
- When using a data source that represents a single feature, such as a selection in a list widget, click the Name Field drop-down arrow to set the field value that will be displayed above the widget.
- If Display Type is set to Display features as segments or Display feature counts as segments, click the Feature Actions tab to set which tools are available when interacting with features in this widget. Set which action occurs when tapping or clicking within the widget.
- Set which action occurs when tapping or clicking within the widget.
- When you're satisfied with the preview, click OK to finish configuring the widget.