Themes are collections of settings on your Insights for ArcGIS page, including colors, text, media, and card types. Themes can be saved, shared, and applied to new pages. Using themes can help you apply a consistent standard to your Insights pages.
Theme items are stored in your ArcGIS Online organization but can only be used in Insights.
Share your theme
Themes can be shared to create an Insights Theme item. Use the following steps to share your theme:
- Customize your Insights page using Page Settings , Style , and Widget . Make sure your cards are also in the correct position.
- Click the Page options button .
- Click Share As Theme.
The Share As Theme window appears.
- Optionally add a title, a description, and tags. You can update an existing theme shared from the same page by choosing the theme from the Title menu.
- Choose how you want to share your theme. You can share the theme with the public, with your organization, or with select groups from your organization. If you don't make a selection, the theme will only be available to your account.
- Click Share or Update.
Change the shared status
Shared themes are saved as Insights Theme items. The status of the Theme item can be changed using the Share button for the item on the home page.
For more information, see Share your work.
Apply a theme to your page
A theme that you created and shared or that was shared with you can be applied to your Insights pages. Use the following steps to apply a theme to your page:
- Click the Add button above the data pane to open the Add To Page window.
- Click the Theme tab.
- If you created the theme, click Contents. If the theme was shared with you, click Groups or Organization.
The available themes are listed in the content pane.
- Optionally click View details if you want more information about a theme in the list, such as a description.
- Choose the theme and click Add.
The theme is applied to your page.
For more information about the placement of cards when a theme is applied, see Placeholder cards.
Use the following resources to learn more about themes: