Pop-ups contain descriptive information about the features in each layer in the map. A pop-up displays a title and attribute information based on the columns and rows in the data. Pop-ups appear when you click a feature on the map. You can change the way information is presented in the pop-up by changing the header and specifying the fields to display.
Pop-ups are turned on by default for all supported layers. You can turn off pop-ups using the options in Layer options . Some ArcGIS layers do not support pop-up configuration; in these cases, pop-ups are not available in the layer options.
Click the Dock button to anchor the pop-up on your screen while panning and zooming.
To configure the pop-up, complete the following steps:
- At the top of the layer list,
select Layer options .
The layer options appear.
- If necessary, select the layer you want to modify using the Active layer drop-down menu.
- From the layer options, select Pop-ups .
The Pop-ups pane appears.
- Turn on the Enable pop-ups toggle button.
The pop-up configuration options become active.
- From the Title field menu, select the field you want to display as the title of the pop-up.
- Below the Title field menu, do any of the following to change how the listed fields appear in the pop-up:
- Select the fields to display in the pop-up. A selected field shows as visible . When you hover the pointer over a field that is not selected, it shows as hidden . Click the Hidden button to display the field in the pop-up, or click the Visible button to hide it. You can also click the Select fields button to select and deselect all fields in the layer.
- Change the name of the field in the pop-up. Hover the pointer over the field and click Edit . A text box appears. Type a new name in the text box and press Enter to save it.
- Reorder the fields by dragging a field to a new location in the list.
- Click Back when you are finished to return to the layer list.
When you click a feature on the map, the newly configured pop-up appears. Click Zoom to in the pop-up to zoom to the selected feature.