ArcGIS Drone2Map allows you to upload your 2D products to your ArcGIS Online organization or ArcGIS Enterprise portal and publish as a hosted imagery layer. Hosted imagery layers are dynamic image services that run on ArcGIS Online organizations licensed for ArcGIS Image for ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Image Server sites federated with the portal.
To publish a hosted imagery layer, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be signed in to the portal and have privileges to publish hosted tile layers.
- For ArcGIS Enterprise, your portal must be version 10.6 or later and configured for raster analysis.
Sharing to ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9 and earlier requires an advanced licensing configuration. For more information, see the following technical article.
Share your items
You have the following options for sharing your items, depending on your sharing privileges:
- Everyone—Sharing with everyone makes your item public; anyone who has access to the portal website can find and use it, and group owners can include it in their group content.
- Your portal—To ensure only members of your portal have access to an item, you can share it with only your portal.
- Groups to which you belong—If you are a member of a group, you can share your item with that group. Sharing with specific groups restricts access to a smaller, more focused set of people.
- Everyone and a group—If you want to share thematic content with a subset of users or organize your content into a collection of items, but you also want everyone to have access to your item, you can share an item with a group and with everyone. This is especially appropriate for focused group work in which all members benefit from seeing a list of specific content they can use for collaboration and exchange.
- Groups and your portal or everyone—You can share an item with a larger audience (everyone or your portal) and also share it with a specific group. This allows you to categorize your item as especially relevant to a particular group while still making it available to others in your organization.
This process creates and stores a tiled imagery layer in your account. If sharing to an ArcGIS Image for ArcGIS Online organizational account, service credits apply.
Publish your imagery layer
To publish your True Ortho, orthomosaic, DSM, or DTM as a dynamic image service, complete the following steps:
- On the Share tab, in the Share As group, click Imagery Layer .
If the Imagery Layer option in the Share As group is not available, you may not be assigned the ArcGIS Image for ArcGIS Online license, or your organization may not have published at least one hosted feature layer. One hosted feature layer must be published before publishing imagery layers.
- Check the layers you want to publish as an image service.
- Give your layers a title in the Title field.
- Optionally, for Folder, choose a folder to share your features, provide a description in the Description field, and update the tags in the Tags field.
- Check the appropriate groups for sharing your items.
- Click Share.