With Drone2Map, you can add data from your own computer, from a local network, or from a project or map package to give context and aid in processing drone imagery collections. You can also add data from your ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise portal, or another portal such as the Living Atlas of the World.
The Catalog pane has tabs across the top that provide access to collections of items.
The Project tab provides access to the collection of items in your project; it's selected by default. The Portal tab provides access to collections of online content available from the active portal that you have permission to use. The Favorites tab allows you to collect frequently used folders, databases, and server connections, and add them to your project. The History tab provides access to the geoprocessing history and raster function history for the project.
In the Catalog pane, you can do the following:
- List all items in many containers at once.
- Search for items by typing keywords in the Search box and pressing Enter.
- Hover over an item and a pop-up appears showing its location, title, thumbnail, tags, and modification date if pop-ups are enabled and these details are available.
- Ctrl+click or Shift+click many items to select them all, and add them all to a map at once, for example.
The Catalog pane docks in the Drone2Map application, providing access to items in your project and the active portal while you work. After browsing or searching for content, you can drag layers onto 2D and 3D maps.
Reopen the Catalog pane
The Catalog pane is usually available when you create or open a project. Once closed, you can open it again by doing the following:
- Click the Home tab on the ribbon.
- In the Layers group, click Catalog.
Add Data browse dialog box
The Add Data browse dialog box allows you to select an item in your project, a portal item, or an item outside your project to use for a task. When you click the Add Data button on the Home tab, the browse dialog box appears with the title Add Data.
The browse dialog box allows you to explore items in a manner similar to the catalog view. Quick links provide access to the available item categories and collections, but do not expand to list their contents. Item properties are displayed in columns that can be used to sort the contents list. A brief portion of the selected item's metadata is available in the details panel along with the item's location and owner if the selected item is accessed from the active portal.
While the Project and Portal item collections continue to be available, the Favorites collection is not available on the browse dialog box. You can search the active portal and locations included in the current project, except for folder connections that access the root of a disk
The browse dialog box also includes a Computer collection that allows you to browse to and select items from locations on the local computer or the network that are not currently included in your project.
You browse in the dialog box in the same manner as the catalog view, by clicking quick links, double-clicking containers, and using the Location bar at the top. However, you can also do the following:
- Click the Location bar or click in the Name text box to paste or type the path to a new location and press Enter. The dialog box browses to that location. If the location is not accessible from the computer's local or mapped network drives, the network location is accessed and the items it contains are listed; the location is not added to the project as a folder connection.
- Paste a full path to an item, including the item's name, into the Name text box to select that item. For example, past a full path including a table's name to add it to the current map.
- When the Groups or All Portal quick links are selected, click the Search My Organization button in the upper right corner of the dialog box to include only items from the active portal that are provided by your organization in your search results.