When you create or open a project, one of the first panes you see is the Catalog pane. The Catalog pane is a tree view of items you have added to your project, items in your active portal, items on your computer, and items you have designated as favorites. It allows you to access all items associated with a specific project in one place, whether they are available from a local or network computer, ArcGIS Online, or an ArcGIS Enterprise portal.
In the Catalog pane, you can do the following:
- Discover GIS content on local networks or your organization's portal.
- Browse and search for layers to add to a map.
- Connect to databases and servers.
- Favorite frequently used folders, databases, and server connections.
- Manage items in your project.
The first time you browse to a location, the contents list accurately reflects the items present. If its contents are changed outside Drone2Map or by someone else, you must refresh the location's content to see that change. For example, press F5 to update the list.
The Catalog pane has four tabs:
- The Project tab is a tree view of the items you have added to a project or created in a project.
- The Portal tab lists items in your active portal, organized by portal categories. For example, portal items shared with your organization appear under My Organization .
- The Computer tab displays the items on your computer in the same way as File Explorer. On this tab, you can access and manage folders and files without creating folder connections.
- The Favorites tab lists items you have designated as project favorites.
The following table summarizes common tasks you can perform in the Catalog pane.
Browse project items
On the Project tab, click the expander button next to item containers and items to see their contents.
Right-click an item container and click the command to create an item of that type.
Get item information
Hover over an item to display the item pop-up.
Add items to a map
Right-click an item container and use the Add to Map option.
Search for project and portal items
Type a keyword or keywords in the search box and press Enter.
Undock or auto hide the pane
Drag the pane to a different docking target or away from a target. Click Auto-Hide to automatically hide the pane.
Reopen the Catalog pane
The Catalog pane is usually available when you create or open a project on the right side of the program. Once closed, you can open it again by doing the following:
- Click the Home tab on the ribbon.
- In the Layers group, click Catalog.