Data Pipelines can work with data from a variety of external data sources, as well as data from ArcGIS Online. The types of data that can used are grouped into categories:
- File—Upload files to your content and use them as input datasets, or connect to files using a URL to a public dataset.
- Cloud storage—Connect to and read from external cloud storage.
- Database—Connect to and read from external cloud databases.
- ArcGIS—Read from feature layers or hosted tables that are available to you in ArcGIS Online.
To add data to your canvas, select the data source type in the Inputs section, and fill out the parameters. Input parameters are specific to the type of source you are connecting to; see the specific input dataset topic for more information.
The following tables describe the input datasets in the various categories in the Data Pipelines editor.
The following input types are in the File category:
The following input types are in the Cloud storage category:
The following input types are in the Database category:
The following input types are in the ArcGIS category:
Use records in feature layers as input to Data Pipelines.
In addition to the specific parameters for each input dataset type, all types support the following options:
- Label—The name displayed when the input dataset element is added to the canvas.
- Use caching—Store a copy of the dataset in the Data Pipelines session. The cached copy is only maintained while at least one session is active. If the source data has been updated since it was cached in an active session, turn off the Use caching option and preview or run the process again. When all sessions are inactive, the cached copy will no longer exist. See Sessions for more information.