You can create labels from the Administration page. Labels must be created before they can be applied to components.
Labels can also be created from a component's Overview page and from the Register Component wizard when registering a component.
You must be assigned the Administrator or Manager role to create labels. To create labels, complete these steps:
- Access ArcGIS Monitor, if necessary.
The Home page appears.
- Click Administration.
The Administration page appears.
- Click Labels from the side of the page.
A list of labels appears sorted alphabetically by label name.
Click Sort to change the sorting method and click Filter to create a query to filter the list.
- Click Add Label.
The Add Label dialog box appears.
- Provide a name for the label in the Name text box.
- Optionally, provide a description for the label in the Description text box.
- Assign a color to the label using one of the following options:
- Click Get a new color to generate a random color.
- Provide a HEX color code in the Color text box.
- Click Pick a color to open the color picker.
- Click Save.
The label appears in the list of labels.