The ArcGIS for Microsoft 365 selection tools are used to identify, locate, and visually analyze features or data on the map.
The selection tools consist of the following tools:
- Drag the map view to a different location while making selections.
- Click a feature using the Pan selection tool to open the feature's pop-up if pop-ups are enabled.
The Pan selection tool is not available in ArcGIS for Power BI.
- Click to select a single feature. This is the default tool.
- Press Ctrl and click features to add or remove them one at a time.
- Draw a rectangle on the map to select features within the rectangle.
- Press Ctrl and drag to add or remove features from the rectangle.
- Draw a circle on the map to select features within the circle.
- Press Ctrl and drag to add or remove features from the circle.
- Click to draw the points
of a polygon on the map. Double-click to stop drawing and complete the polygon,
selecting all features within the polygon.
A minimum of three
vertices are required to draw a polygon.
- Press Ctrl while
drawing to enable snapping.
Freehand polygon select
- Draw a shape on the map to select features within that shape.
- Press Ctrl and drag to add or remove features from the shape.
See the topics listed in the following table for more information about the selection tools:
Feedback on this topic?