Choose an initiative template to activate a bundle of content, such as apps, webmaps, and surveys, that focus on a specific topic or workflow, such as sharing open data or encouraging voluntarism. For example, a template can include a Hub site, two dashboards, and three Hub pages. You can use all initiative template items or choose which ones you want to use. To preview templates created by Esri, browse the ArcGIS Hub Template Gallery page. Templates can be created and shared by other members of your ArcGIS Online organization and the public.
- Sign in to ArcGIS Hub with the appropriate privileges.
- On Overview, click New on the Initiatives card.
- Click Browse Templates.
- Filter the gallery to show templates created by you, Esri, or other members of your organization.
Tip:You can also view publicly shared templates using the World filter to see templates created by other ArcGIS Online organizations.
- Click on a template's title to preview its site.
- Click Activate template to confirm your selection.
Activating a template will create new items in ArcGIS Online for each item included in the template. These items are also accessible in the template site's content library.
You are placed in the template's site editor where you can begin configuring the site as your own. To start configuring any apps or other items included with the template, click Content Library in the edit navigation bar.