In this topic, you will learn how to configure the Conservation Outreach solution to meet specific needs in your organization.
Conservation Outreach can be used to track wildlife conflicts and engage stakeholders in and around protected areas. In some cases, you may have this information in ArcGIS or another business system already.
Review the layers provided with the solution and determine what source data you want to load. Then, load your existing data into the layers provided with the ArcGIS Solution before sharing the maps or applications.
Once you have determined what source data must be loaded, complete the data loading workflow below.
Load data from a shapefile or file geodatabase
Load data for WildlifeConflicts from a shapefile or file geodatabase by following the steps below:
- Create a .zip file of your shapefile or file geodatabase.
- In your ArcGIS organization, browse to the feature layer you wish to populate.
- On the feature layer item details page, Click Update Data and select Append Data to Layer.
- Under Filename, click Choose File.
- Navigate to your .zip file and click Open.
- Under Contents, select Shapefile or File Geodatabase.
- Click Upload and Continue.
- Choose the layer that you wish to load data into and the layer that contains the updated data.
- Uncheck Update existing features.
- Click Show field matching and map the fields between the two layers.
- Click Apply Updates.
To make additional updates to a hosted feature layer, see Append data to layers.