The following are some frequently asked questions ArcGIS Marketplace consumers often have.
- What is ArcGIS Marketplace and what does it mean to me?
- What kinds of products can I get from ArcGIS Marketplace?
- What kind of data can I get from ArcGIS Marketplace?
- Who are ArcGIS Marketplace providers?
- Does Esri review all the items listed in the marketplace?
- Can I buy widgets from the marketplace?
- When do I get email notifications related to ArcGIS Marketplace?
Trying and buying items
- How do trials work for Esri premium apps?
- How do I pay for an item?
- Who can buy items from Esri shopping cart?
- Once I have paid for a subscription, how can I get access to the item?
- If I am not designated as a purchaser or I don't have privileges to request purchases or get trials, how can I get items for my organization?
- Do all items in the marketplace cost money?
- Can I get free trials?
- I see that there are items in the marketplace that are already part of my subscription. Do I now have to get them from the marketplace?
- I've purchased an item. How do I know which type of license it has?
- Why don't I see any purchasing options on a listing?
- Am I required to have an ArcGIS Online subscription to use items from the marketplace?
- I have an account for ArcGIS for Developers. Can I get and use items from ArcGIS Marketplace?
- How do I share the items with other members in my ArcGIS Online organization?
- What happens when my subscription runs out?
- When I submit a request and I fill out my contact details, who gets to see that information?
- Can I write a review about a listing?
ArcGIS Marketplace is a destination that enables ArcGIS users to search, discover, try and buy apps, data and other capabilities from qualified providers.
Products listed in the ArcGIS Marketplace are built to leverage and enhance your organization’s use of ArcGIS Online and the ArcGIS platform and can be made available to any named users within your ArcGIS Online organization.
Apps, data, ArcGIS Pro Add-ins, AppBuilder Widgets, and App or Data Bundles
- Apps include web apps and native apps (iOS, Android, Java, .NET, and so on), and require an ArcGIS Online subscription login. For a complete listing of supported APIs and Runtime SDKs, see the documentation section of ArcGIS for Developers.
- Data needs to be in a supported ArcGIS Online format.
- An ArcGIS Pro Add-in is an archive file containing an add-in assembly that references the Pro API. The assembly, along with a companion Config.daml file, can customize the Pro UI as well as add custom functionality to Pro (to automate a repetitive workflow or procedure, to add a custom tool or function, etc.).
- A custom widget is a component that enables users to perform a function or access a service.
- App or Data Bundles – Web apps with data services bundled together.
The content is provided in a supported ArcGIS Online format. The Content Provider Program will enable providers to apply to list, deliver, and sell content services through the marketplace for users to leverage in ArcGIS Online and the ArcGIS platform. Once approved, providers can list one or more content services including both paid and free options for users.
You can purchase listings that are bundled with data services. Allowing you to purchase a group of ArcGIS hosted data services (feature, tile, scene) as a single listing.
Yes, Esri and the appropriate Esri distributor staff review and approve items contributed by authorized providers. Marketplace providers are approved to offer items in ArcGIS Marketplace that help users solve real-world challenges and expand the use of the ArcGIS platform.
Additionally, Esri business partners have to meet further qualifications to become providers in ArcGIS Marketplace. Providers are also reviewed annually based on criteria outlined in the ArcGIS Marketplace provider policies.
Esri and Esri distributors do not certify apps or data listed in the marketplace for marketplace providers.
Yes. The marketplace supports AppBuilder widgets. Widgets can be purchased for license by organization with multiple licenses per purchase.
You receive email notifications when you request access to an item, you are granted access to an item, your renewal date is changed, when a subscription is about to expire, and when someone replies to your review.
- Trial request—Immediately after you request to start a trial, with information on the ArcGIS app, including information on allowing members of your organization to try the app.
- Confirmation—Once you request a trial, you will receive an automated email to confirm the request, with steps on how to view the status of your app and the provider’s contact information.
- Purchase an app—Immediately after you purchase an app, with steps on how to share access to the app with your organization or assign a license to members.
- Start using purchase—After provider has confirmed the sale, including how to start enjoying your new purchase.
- Subscription change—Immediately after the renewal date is changed.
- Trial or subscription termination—Immediately after the provider terminates the subscription, with information on how to contact the provider.
- Trial or subscription is about to expire—Your subscription is close to the expiration date, with instructions on how to renew the subscription.
- Listing reviews—When the provider or another consumer replies to a review you wrote.
Esri premium apps are 21 day trials. When you sign up for a trial with ArcGIS Online, your organization is automatically provisioned with 21 days of premium apps. If you purchased an ArcGIS Onlinesubscription without a trial, you can access the trial through ArcGIS Marketplace. The trial duration will still be 21 days.
If I am not designated as a purchaser or I don't have privileges to request purchases or get trials, how can I get items for my organization?
If you don't have privileges to get items, you see a Request Purchase and Request Trial (if available) buttons on the listing page. Use these buttons to create and send an email to the administrator of your organization requesting that they get the item.
If you have administrative privileges you can designate yourself as a purchaser in the marketplace. Once you click the Buy button, you'll receive a notification indicating that you do not have privileges. In this window, accept the terms and conditions and click YES to give yourself privileges.
It's up to the provider to offer a free trial. If the item is available for trial, your organization is granted access for the time specified by the publisher. At the end of the trial, you will no longer have access to the item, but can choose to purchase. The listing page will show if the trial is available.
I see that there are items in the marketplace that are already part of my subscription. Do I now have to get them from the marketplace?
Once you've purchased an item, it appears in the Apps and Data section of the Console page.
- License by organization has a link to Manage Sharing. The link opens to a pop-up with a list of organization groups you can share the item to.
- License by members has a link to Manage Licenses. The link takes you to ArcGIS Online, where the administrator assigns licenses to individual members.
You are notified by email when the publisher grants you access. The email contains a link to the marketplace console.
In order to use an app you subscribed to (including free trials), your administrator needs to give you access through a group or an individual license, depending on how the app was licensed by the provider.
For apps and data that are licensed by the organization, your administrator needs to share the item with groups they own in your organization. Your administrator can also add the item to one of their site configuration groups by sharing it with one of those groups.
For apps that are licensed by member, your administrator (or member with privileges to manage licenses) assigns a license through ArcGIS Online.
If the provider has sold their app through a subscription model (for example, a monthly, semiannual, or annual fee), when your subscription is close to expiring, you will receive an email notice. You can choose to renew your subscription at that time. If you do not renew your subscription, you are no longer able to access the item and it is no longer accessible to the groups you have shared it with.