As a default administrator, you can configure comments and metadata for the items owned by your organization. Administrators and members with privileges to manage categories can configure categories for the organization.
- Verify that you are signed in as an administrator of your organization.
- Click Organization at the top of the site and click Edit Settings.
- Click Items on the left side of the page.
- Configure any of the following settings:
- For Comments, check the box to show and allow comments on items in the organization. When the box is not checked, comments cannot be added and are not displayed for items owned by the organization.
- For Metadata, check the box to enable metadata for your organization and choose the style—FGDC CSDGM Metadata, INSPIRE Metadata Directive, ISO 19139 Metadata Implementation Specification GML3.2, ISO 19139 Metadata Implementation Specification, or North American Profile of ISO19115 2003. The style controls how the metadata appears and which fields are available for creating it. By enabling metadata, members of your organization are able to include additional standards-based metadata in their items using a built-in metadata editor. When this metadata is included, anyone with access to the item can view the metadata in the style configured for the organization.
- For Organization Categories, click Set up categories to configure hierarchical categories for organizing content. If you choose to set up categories for your organization, you can create your own custom categories or use standard category sets from ArcGIS (presented in ArcGIS Living Atlas of the World), the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), or INSPIRE as a starting point. Once categories have been configured, they can be used to organize items in your organization so that members can more easily find the content they need when searching or browsing.
You can add, delete, rename, or reorder the categories at any time by clicking Configure categories. Your edits will be applied to any items that were categorized previously.
- Click Save to save the changes you've made.