Business Analyst Enterprise can be upgraded following the steps below. The enterprise base deployment must be upgraded before the additional ArcGIS Server site and GeoEnrichment Server can be upgraded. The GeoEnrichment Server upgrade preparation patch can be installed now even if intending to stay at version 10.7 or 10.7.1. It can also be installed at any point in the upgrade process below as long as the enterprise portal is available. Business Analyst Web App can be upgraded at any time after upgrading the enterprise base deployment.
Install the GeoEnrichment Server upgrade preparation patch
This patch rebuilds indexes for data installed to GeoEnrichment Server to prepare it to be compatible with ArcGIS Enterprise version 11.1 and future versions. This patch is required for 10.7 and 10.7.1 and must be installed prior to upgrading GeoEnrichment Server to the next version.
GeoEnrichment Server version 10.7 or 10.7.1 must be installed before you can install this patch.
- Download the appropriate file and copy to the machine where GeoEnrichment Server is installed.
- Double-click ArcGIS-<Version>-GES-UP-Patch.exe or .msp to start the setup process.
Conseil :If double clicking on the MSP file does not start the setup installation, you can start the setup installation manually by using the following command:
msiexec.exe /p [location of Patch]\ArcGIS-<Version>-GES-UP-Patch.exe or .msp
Post installation instructions
- In the Start menu, search for the GeoEnrichment Upgrade Preparation Utility and open it.
- Click Next to automatically verify prerequisites and proceed to the portal authorization page.
Before the GeoEnrichment Upgrade Preparation Utility wizard can proceed, the GeoEnrichment Data Store service must finish restarting. If you see the Retry button, wait a few minutes and try again.
- Enter the portal administrator username and password and click Next.
- Click Prepare.
Upgrade the Business Analyst Enterprise base deployment
If you installed a base deployment using the ArcGIS Enterprise Builder, you can upgrade the base deployment to ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1 using the builder. This is an easy way to upgrade your deployment using the configuration wizard. Otherwise the upgrade to 11.1 must be completed by upgrading individual software components.
Upgrade Business Analyst Web App
Business Analyst Web App is provided as a setup program and is executed through a utility named ArcGIS_Business_Analyst_Web_App_version*.exe. The application must always match the version of the enterprise portal. To upgrade an earlier version to 11.1, you must uninstall the earlier version, and install the 11.1 setup.
- Download the latest version of Business Analyst Web App setup from the 11.1 downloads on My Esri following these instructions.
- Remove the existing version of Business Analyst Web App from the machine where the ArcGIS Enterprise portal is installed.
- Install the new version.
Upgrade the additional ArcGIS Server site
This is the machine where GeoEnrichment Server is installed. Before upgrading GeoEnrichment Server, ArcGIS Server must be upgraded.
Upgrade ArcGIS GeoEnrichment Server
GeoEnrichment Server is provided as a setup program and is executed through a utility named Setup.exe.
Upgrading using the setup program
- Double-click setup.exe to run the GeoEnrichment Server install application.
- The GeoEnrichment Server welcome page opens. Click Next.
- Review and accept the Esri Master Agreement. Click Next.
- The install utility will show the location where files will be overwritten. Click Next.
The Specify GeoEnrichment Data Store Account window opens.
The GeoEnrichment Data Store account name, used by your existing installation, is pre-populated in the ArcGIS Server Account input box. Provide the password for the ArcGIS Server account. Typically, this is the password you defined when installing the software. If the password has changed since you installed the software—for example, by using the Configure ArcGIS Server Account Utility, you will need to provide the password you designated when modifying the account.
If the password is not validated, an error message appears indicating that the password is invalid. If you are unsure of the password for the ArcGIS Server account, contact your system administrator or reset your password using the Configure ArcGIS Server Account Utility. For more information, see The ArcGIS Server account.
- Select one of the two options:
- If you select the I have a configuration file with the account information generated by a previous run of this setup option, the credentials in the server configuration file must be the same credentials used by your existing ArcGIS Server site.
- If you select the Specify the account name and password option and manually enter the ArcGIS Server account information, the Export account configuration file dialog opens.
If you do not want to export a configuration file, click Next, and accept the default Do not export configuration file option. If you want to export a server configuration file for future installations, select Export configuration file. Browse to a secure folder and provide a name for the configuration file.
The following are reasons you may want to export a server configuration file:
- Create the same ArcGIS Server account when installing on multiple machines.
- Store the account for use when upgrading to a newer version.
- Perform a silent installation where the user name and password are encrypted.
When exporting a server configuration file to a network share, the Local System account on the machine, where ArcGIS Server is being installed, must have write permissions to the network share. For example, if you're installing ArcGIS Server on a machine named Quick, the Local System account on Quick must have write permission to the network share. If the permissions are not set, the server configuration file may not export successfully. If you're unsure how to correctly set permissions for the network share, contact your system administrator or export the server configuration file locally and copy it to the network share.
- The GeoEnrichment Server software is ready to install. Click Install.
- GeoEnrichment Server will install on your machine. When the install is complete, click Next.
- Once GeoEnrichment Server has been successfully upgraded, click Finish to close the GeoEnrichment Server install application.
GeoEnrichment Server Environment Configuration Utility opens.
The GeoEnrichment Server Environment Configuration Utility should launch automatically, but if necessary, open the application from the Windows Start menu.
- On the GeoEnrichment Server Configuration Utility welcome page, click Next.
- Enter the credentials for the portal administrator. Click Next.
- The GeoEnrichment Server environment is ready to be upgraded. Click Upgrade.
As the GeoEnrichment Server environment is upgraded, a status bar and additional details are made available to track the progress.
- Once completed, click Next.
- The GeoEnrichment Server environment has been successfully upgraded. Click Finish.
You have the option to manage data using the GeoEnrichment Data Management Utility by checking the Run the data management tools to install data packs check box.