In the Indicators section you can manage custom indicator data and Living Atlas indicator data. Living Atlas data is only relevant for cities located in the United States. For other locations, use the default indicators in ArcGIS Urban. Custom indicators can be added to and edited in ArcGIS Urban; Living Atlas (default) indicators cannot.
Living Atlas indicators
Living Atlas indicators cannot be added using the Manager. These indicators are available based on your location. If Living Atlas indicators are available, they will be visible in the Manager. You can delete any indicators you do not want to appear in the application using the Manager.
Custom indicators can be added to ArcGIS Urban and the Manager. Both workflows follow a similar pattern. To add custom indicators to the Manager, follow the steps below.
- Click the Manage button at the right of the header in the Overview.
- Click Indicators > Custom Indicators.
- Click the Add button.
A dialog box appears.
- Provide the indicator name, description, and start and end date (if known) and click OK.
The indicator is added to the Custom Indicators table.
- Click the ellipsis button and configure the indicator in the Indicator Settings dialog box.
- Edit the name, description, start and end date, and other options (make featured, hide existing buildings, or make existing buildings transparent) on the General tab.
- Add a web URL, external layers, and an operations dashboard on the Sources tab.
- Click OK.