Script tools in Survey123 Connect
The following tools are available on the menu of the Scripts tab of Survey123 Connect:
- Open scripts folder—Launch the file browser at the location of the Scripts folder of a survey.
- New script file—Create a script file in the Scripts folder of a survey. Type the file name and click Create.
- Select function—Highlight the first function in the opened file and present the parameters for testing.
- Save—Save changes to the opened file.
Click the Select function tool to test the behavior of the first function in the file by typing values for each parameter and viewing the output. Once you are finished with the function, you can copy the pulldata statement presented here and paste it in the XLSForm. If you are signed in to your organization, right-click any of the parameters and click Paste token, if required.
Each of these produces a JSON object with individual questions as properties in that object.
- Document Object Model (DOM) is not supported.
- Frameworks such as JQuery, Ember, and Angular are not supported.
- You cannot access local files.
- Asynchronous calls are not supported.