ArcGIS Survey123 Connect includes tools to assist you with some authoring tasks. The tools are as follows:
- Analyze survey—Check a survey's XLSForm for errors and common issues.
- Update XLSForm template—Copy the contents of a survey's XLSForm to the latest XLSForm template.
- New XLSPalette template—Create a blank XLSPalette template in the media folder.
- Convert XLSPalette—Convert an XLSPalette template to a .palette file.
- Export translations—Export the translatable text in a survey's XLSForm to translation files.
- Import translations—Import translated text from translation files into a survey's XLSForm.
To run these tools, you must have a Python environment installed on your computer and the environment must be configured in Survey123 Connect. If you have ArcGIS Pro installed, Survey123 Connect automatically detects the default Python environment that is included with ArcGIS Pro and no further configuration in Survey123 Connect is required. Alternatively, you can download Python from the Windows Store or the Python website and configure the environment in Survey123 Connect.
Once a Python environment is installed, you can configure it in Survey123 Connect.
- In Survey123 Connect, open the main menu and click Settings.
- Click the Tools tab.
- Click the folder button next to
the Path text box and browse to the folder where the Python environment is installed.
If you have ArcGIS Pro installed, the Path text box is already filled. Depending on how ArcGIS Pro was installed, its default Python environment is in either of the following folders:
- C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3
Survey123 Connect displays the Python version and indicates whether the ArcGIS, openpyxl, and pyxform packages are installed.
- Ensure that openpyxl is checked.
The version number displayed will vary depending on your Python environment.
Survey123 Connect tools require openpyxl version 3.0.8 or later.
The openpyxl package is included in the default ArcGIS Pro environment. If you are not using ArcGIS Pro, you must install openpyxl in the Python environment. For more information, see the openpyxl documentation.
The Python environment is configured in Survey123 Connect.