- What is the Survey123 website?
- When should I use the Survey123 website to author my surveys versus Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS?
- Can I create new surveys using the Survey123 website?
- What browsers does the Survey123 website support?
- What types of questions does the Survey123 website support?
- Can I show specific questions based on the answers from other questions?
- Do I need to include a geopoint, geotrace, or geoshape question in my survey?
- Can I use non-ASCII characters in my survey?
- Do surveys support right-to-left languages?
- How many questions can a survey contain?
- Is there a limit on the number of choices shown in a pick list?
- How can I restrict user input for a question in my survey?
- What bar code formats does Survey123 support?
- Where are my surveys stored?
- Can I move the items for my survey to a different location in my ArcGIS organization?
- How can I rename an existing survey?
- How can I delete an existing survey?
- Can I modify an existing survey?
- Can I reference images that are hosted online inside note questions and the thank you screen?
The Survey123 website is the heart of Survey123 for ArcGIS. Using the Survey123 website, you can manage your surveys, control who can contribute to them, and view and understand the data submitted to your surveys. The Survey123 website is a web browser-based application and is available at survey123.arcgis.com for ArcGIS Online users.
The advantage of the Survey123 website authoring tools is their ease of use: You can start creating surveys with no training. The type of questions and smart survey features available through the Survey123 website authoring tools are limited but are sufficient for basic surveys. If you need more advanced question types or more complex rules, you'll need Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS. In either case, your surveys will be displayed in the Survey123 website survey gallery, and you can share them and analyze your collected results in the Survey123 website as well.
For information on the platforms Survey123 supports, see System requirements.
Currently, you can create the following question types in the Survey123 website:
- Singleline Text
- Multiline Text
- Single Choice
- Single Choice Grid
- Multiple Choice
- File Upload
While not all of the question types supported by Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS will be implemented in the Survey123 website, additional question types will be supported in the future.
When publishing to ArcGIS Online, a survey can contain a maximum of 1,024 columns (including system fields), while a survey published to a portal can contain a maximum of 500. In both cases, this maximum limit can be circumvented by placing part of your survey into a repeat with a repeat count of 1 and storing that part of the survey in a related table.
For surveys authored in Survey123 Connect, Esri custom columns such as body::esri:inputMask can be used to restrict user input. The Survey123 web app does not currently support input masks.
The Delete button is located at the bottom of the Overview page. You must type the name of the survey to confirm deletion. Once a survey has been deleted, you can't recover it or its data. It's strongly recommended that you download the survey data you've collected from the Data page before you delete a survey.
If you find a survey with unsolvable errors on the My Surveys page, go to the Content page in ArcGIS Online to delete it.
Before you publish a survey, you can modify the survey, such as changing the question label, adding questions, reordering questions, or deleting questions.
Once a survey is published, you can make limited modifications to it. Edits that do not require changing the schema of the feature service can be made without issue. For more information, see Publish your survey.
If your survey is to be completed in a web browser, you may choose to use images in it that are hosted online. When doing this, ensure that the image is shared publicly. If you are referencing an image hosted by ArcGIS Online, the URL must use the format of https://<org_url>/sharing/rest/content/items/<item_id>/data.