To add SharePoint lists to a map, the lists must first be spatially enabled (geocoded). To spatially enable lists, see Geocode lists containing address or place name data and Geocode lists containing coordinate data.
Lists must be geocoded using the ArcGIS Maps Locate workflow in the classic experience of SharePoint.
ArcGIS for SharePoint works directly with your organization's SharePoint data, allowing you to use spatially enabled content in your SharePoint site and add it to the ArcGIS for SharePoint web part. Adding data from SharePoint is a quick way to add content to a map to complement existing information. For example, if you have a map of household income census data and a SharePoint list showing store locations and revenue, you can add the SharePoint data to the map to visualize and analyze spending trends.
With ArcGIS for SharePoint, you can add spatially enabled lists containing addresses or place-names, or lists containing coordinate data, to a map. Once added, they become layers in the map.
- Place the map in edit mode.
Only layers that are added while the ArcGIS for SharePoint web part is in edit mode are saved with the map.
- From the map tools, select Layers .
The Layers pane appears.
- Click Add from SharePoint.
The Add from SharePoint pane appears, displaying available lists in the current SharePoint site.
Lists that are not spatially enabled appear inactive at the bottom and cannot be added.
- Search for a list to add by typing one or more keywords in the Search text box.
- Click the Subsite picker button to change the subsite and browse its lists.
- Click the Filter button and specify the filtering parameters for the results.
- Turn on the Show geoenabled lists only toggle button to restrict the search results to lists that have been spatially enabled and can be added to the map.
- Filter by list type or by date modified. Click to expand a section and choose an option. Click Clear filters to remove the filters.
- Click the Sort button to sort the results alphabetically.
- From the list of available data, click the button next to a list to expand its contents.
Depending on how your list view is configured, the contents may list one or more subsets of the list, or only All items.
- Find the list you want to add and click its Add button .
A layer containing the data is added to the map and the map view zooms to display the full extent of the layer. The layer is listed in the layer list.
- Click Back when you finish adding layers from SharePoint to return to the layer list.