If you have an idea for a feature you want to see in ArcGIS for SharePoint, tell the team about it at the ArcGIS Ideas site.
ArcGIS for SharePoint supports the latest releases of SharePoint, including 2013, 2016, 2019, and SharePointOnline. SharePoint 2010 will remain supported at version 5.0.
To upgrade to the latest ArcGIS for SharePoint version on SharePoint 2010, organizations must first ensure that they are using a supported SharePoint version or upgrade older farms to one of the newer supported versions (SharePoint 2013, 2016, or 2019).
Esri will continue to support existing deployments of ArcGIS for SharePoint running on SharePoint 2010 until the Microsoft official extended support end date for SharePoint 2010. It is strongly recommended that all organizations upgrade their SharePoint farms to a newer version before that date.
ArcGIS for SharePoint 2021.2 followed a major update that included a new, fully redesigned app for modern SharePoint pages. This app, called ArcGIS for SharePoint, is now available alongside the previous app (renamed as ArcGIS Maps Classic).
ArcGIS for SharePoint includes new features and an updated user experience. See a complete feature comparison of what you can do in ArcGIS for SharePoint and ArcGIS Maps Classic.
ArcGIS for SharePoint 2022.3 includes the following new features and enhancements.
- With List map, you can edit location data, delete features, and change feature geometries (as coordinates or Esri JSON geometry) on a Microsoft SharePoint list.
- WFS layers are now available in dynamic data.
- When conducting a geosearch, Search by tags only is now checked by default.
- The ArcGIS for SharePoint web part is renamed from ArcGIS Maps to ArcGIS.
- Organization administrators can pre-configure a list of connections to ArcGIS for enterprise organization members. See Configure enterprise ArcGIS connection for more information.