ArcGIS for Power BI is regularly updated to provide new features, improved speed, better usability, and bug fixes. Here are some highlights of the 2020.4 update for November 2020:
- The visualization is now named ArcGIS for Power BI.
- Report designers and consumers no longer require an add-on license to create and interact with ArcGIS for Power BI map visualizations.
- Designers using an ArcGIS account can embed a map-enabled report in a website or app.
- Designers using an ArcGIS account can publish to the web.
- Join a reference layer to an attribute to enable interactions between the reference layer and other visualizations.
- Power BI Report Server is supported when signed in to a valid ArcGIS Enterprise account, in online environments only.
- Report consumers can change the basemap on a map-enabled report (if enabled by the map designer).
- Improvements to intelligent defaults generate better maps out of the box.
- Multiple bug fixes and UI improvements have been made.