Depending on your environment, you may need to perform additional configuration in order to use ArcGIS for Power BI on ArcGIS Enterprise.
When you use ArcGIS for Power BI with Microsoft Edge on ArcGIS Enterprise, if multiple domains across security zones are involved in the navigation, the authentication cannot complete successfully. To avoid this, you must ensure that the application domain and any other sites involved in the authentication workflow are added as trusted sites in your browser's security settings.
For example, if you are connecting to your ArcGIS Enterprise portal hosted at https://myportal.xyz.com, this portal may use resources hosted at https://abc.xyz.com. During authentication, the portal will redirect from https://myportal.xyz.com to https://abc.xyz.com and then to https://lacdn.arcgis.com. You must add these URLs to the trusted sites to ensure a seamless workflow.
To configure your browser, do the following:
- Open your browser and open the Internet options settings page.
From the Windows Control Panel, click Network and Sharing Center and click Internet options.
The Internet Properties pane appears.
- Click the Security tab.
- Click the Trusted sites option, then click Sites.
The Trusted sites pane appears.
- In the Add this website to the zone field, type the URL to add to the trusted sites list.
- Click Add.
- Add other sites as required.
- When you have added all required URLs, click Close.
- Restart your browser and open a map-enabled Power BI report.
- Sign in to ArcGIS for Power BI using your ArcGIS for Power BI account credentials.
ArcGIS for Power BI authenticates and runs successfully.