In addition to the standard visualization styling options, ArcGIS for Power BI includes a set of map tools that allow you to customize the contents of the map and how they are displayed. The map tools appear as a series of buttons on the map. By default, only the Map tools button appears on the map. Click it to expand the tools.
As a report designer, you can hide some of the map tools, including the navigation tools, the Layers list, and the Search feature. Some tools are available only to report designers.
Enable the map tools
To access the ArcGIS for Power BI map tools and edit the map, do the following:
- Open a map-enabled report or create one.
- Click the ArcGIS for Power BI visualization to enable Author mode.
If you opened a previously saved map-enabled report, click More options on the Power BI ribbon and choose Edit.
As a report designer, you can now access all the map tools, visualization data fields, and format options to modify the contents and appearance of your map.
- On the map, click the Map tools button to expand the list of tools.
Save the map
To save a map, do the following:
- On the Power BI ribbon, click File and click Save to save your changes to the report.
- Click Reading view to view they map as it will appear to users..