You need the following account and license types to use this workflow:
- Microsoft license—You need a Microsoft 365 license, with the Contributor role or higher, to specify the location country on the ArcGIS for Power BI Format visual tab in the Visualizations pane.
- ArcGIS account type—Standard users can perform the basic functions of this workflow; you do not need to sign in.
You can specify the data location country.
See Data and geocoding to learn more about geocoding.
In some cases, ArcGIS for Power BI cannot accurately identify the country of the data's location and may plot locations inaccurately. A message appears on the map indicating that the accuracy of the locations can be improved.
Although the Location type pane includes all the available options for specifying the location type, you can quickly specify the country where the data is located using the Location type option on the Format visual tab of the Visualizations pane. Setting the location type ensures that the data is accurately represented on the map
To specify the location country using the Format visual tab, complete the following steps:
- From the Layers list, click the data layer for which you want to specify the location country.
- In the Visualizations pane, click the Format button .
- Expand the Location type category.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the country where the data is located. If the data spans multiple countries, choose World.
The map updates to reflect the changes.