You need the following account and license types to use this workflow:
- Microsoft license—You need a Microsoft 365 license, role Contributor or higher, to configure infographics card settings.
- ArcGIS account type—Standard users can update infographics cards with the Drive time and Radius filters. You must sign in to an ArcGIS account to use all available travel time and distance filters.
You can configure infographics cards to adjust how they appear on the map.
See Infographics cards to learn about infographics data visualizations.
When no features are selected on the map, infographics cards display information for the current visible area of the map. When you select one or more features on the map, the card updates to show relevant information within a 20-mile radius of the selected feature. This is the default setting.
You can change the default setting to increase or decrease the radius or set the default value to a travel time or distance. You can also change the default calculation to miles or kilometers (radius or travel distance) or minutes or hours (travel time).
Standard users of ArcGIS for Power BI can use only the Drive time and Radius filters. If you are signed in to your ArcGIS account, you can use any time or distance setting.
To configure the default infographics card settings, complete the following steps:
- In the Infographics pane, click the Settings button .
The Settings pane appears.
- From the Sample area for points drop-down menu, choose one of the following to define the default demographics study area:
- Radius—Returns information from within a specified radius of the features on the map, defined in miles or kilometers.
- Travel Time or Travel Distance—Select from driving, trucking, walking, or rural driving travel. Returns information from within a specified number of minutes or hours of travel time or a specified travel distance in miles or kilometers from the features on the map.
When you select trucking or rural driving, the route uses preferred truck routes or rural routes that may include unpaved roads.
- In the Sample distance for points section, define the default calculation by doing one of the following:
- To specify radius by distance, type a value or use the up or down arrows, and choose the unit of measurement: miles or kilometers. The maximum radius is 100 miles (161 kilometers). You can select up to 100 points or features at a time.
- To specify a travel time, type a value or use the up or down arrows. The maximum travel time is 30 minutes or 0.5 hours. You can select up to 10 points or features at a time.
- To specify a travel distance, type a value or use the up or down arrows, and choose the unit of measurement: miles or kilometers. The maximum travel distance is 300 miles (482 kilometers). You can select up to 10 points or features at a time.
When you select a feature on the map, the infographics card shows information for the population that lives within the specified default radius, travel time, or travel distance around the selected feature. For example, if you select a default radius of 10 miles and click a point representing City Hall, the infographics card shows information for the population living within a 10-mile radius of City Hall.
- When you finish configuring the infographics cards, click the Close button to close the Infographics pane and view the map.